Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Love-Hate Relationship

Memoir writing-something I have become all too familiar with over the past year. I've grown accustomed to it, but I'm still not ready to admit that I actually like doing it. Just a year ago, I would have said something different. I, flat out, hated memoir writing. After having taught and graded tenth grade memoirs and read memoirs, such as Gary Paulsen or Penny Kittle, I wanted to sound like a real person...not some boring person the reader can't even picture. However, all it took was one great experience writing a memoir last semester that changed my perspective on memoirs. Not only was I pleased with my writing, I actually enjoyed writing it. 

So, for the purpose of writing another memoir, I have decided to write a memoir on writing a memoir. Sounds cheesy, right? Well, I'm actually pretty excited to write it. I really want to reflect on my writing process and why this last memoir experience was so much more enjoyable to write (and read too). I'm looking forward to using my experience when teaching my tenth graders their memoir assignment in the coming month. Here's to another enjoyable memoir experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment