Since this last week was spent finalizing my case study, I thought I wouldn't have much to say. Actually, originally I wasn't going to post anything, but I decided that doing a quick recap of my case study might do a little good.
Things I found that I did not expect:
1. Retrieving the information was a LONG process. I did an electronic interview. I thought it would be accessible for the people I was working with. However, it took me almost four weeks to get the needed information.
2. I thought sifting through the information was going to be a heavy task. Fortunately, many of the responses were similar.
3. I was stressing out the weekend before that I would not be able to finalize the case study (as I did not get my last response until this past Friday). However, the information was easy to work with. This made writing the actual "findings" section of the case study to be a fairly easy process.
What I learned:
1. Literacy is a complicated term.
2. Teachers of all grade levels and experiences share the basic element of literacy (reading, writing, and understanding). However, how each applies it to their classrooms differs.
3. I'm super interested in finding out how people of all subject areas view literacy. If this was just English, I wonder what literacy is for a math teacher or history teacher.